Monday, March 19, 2012

Sometimes the solution really is THAT easy

Here is my running list of various milks we have tried to get Chandler to drink:

Whole milk

2%

1%

Pre-flavored strawberry milk

Pre-flavored chocolate milk

2% flavored at home with strawberry syrup

2% flavored at home with chocolate

Whole milk flavored at home with lots of strawberry and the intentions of slowly lessoning the flavoring

Lactaid (a lactose free milk)

Soy milk

Vanilla flavored soy

Almond milk

Vanilla flavored almond milk

Coconut milk

Vanilla flavored coconut milk

I don’t know what it is about milk but I have just been determined to get Chandler to drink it. I grew up drinking it, lots of it, and I have never broken a bone in my body. I have convinced myself that milk is a necessity for a growing toddler, especially my boy, and that he MUST drink it. He needs some other fats, vitamins, and nutrients (via drinks) other than those supplied through 1/3 cup of juice each day and water! So, I have tried very hard to find a milk he will drink. Who knows how much money we have spent on these milks. When we try a new one, he does a terrible face and will not drink it or try it again later in the day. And we have repeated this process every few days with different milks for months. What’s a mom to do?!

Give the kids some cereal. Apparently THAT is what a mom is to do! Chandler will drink milk, if it’s had cereal in it first. He tips that bowl up and slurps away! Which, might I add, is the only way I will not drink milk. I hate leftover cereal milk. Obviously he likes how sweet it is but we have tried sweeter milks!!

Drink up baby boy! Looks like you'll have a bowl of cereal, heavy on the milk, every morning for the rest of your time under my roof!






No comments:

Post a Comment