Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Southwestern Baked Spaghetti

My intentions are not for this to become a food blog.  But, I feel compelled to share new recipes that go over really well in our house, especially with my fairly picky two year old!  So, I give you Southwestern Baked Spaghetti!

You'll need:
8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, cooked
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 (8 ou) cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack

Combine hot, drained spaghetti with egg and milk; mix well. Pour spaghetti mixture into a buttered 9x13 casserole. While your spaghetti is boiling, brown meat, onion, pepper and garlic; drain.  Return meat to skillet.  Add seasonings and cook 2 minutes.  Stir in tomato sauce and cook 2 more minutes.  Spread meat mixture over spaghetti.  Sprinkle with cheese (I always use more cheese than the recipe calls for!).  Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.  Remove from oven and let it stand 10 minutes.  It's important to let it stand as it firms up better.

I got this recipe off of Pinterest.  Not all of the recipes I have tried off of Pinterest have been a success.  Last night's Crunchy Baked Chicken, for example, was a huge disappointment.  I love trying new recipes, though!  And I finish typing this post as I finish the leftovers of our Southwestern Baked Spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment